COCONUT CURRY PRAWNS
0.3 kg large peeled deveined prawns (about 22)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ cup diced red onion
5 cloves garlic, pressed
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ cup coconut milk
1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and add red onion.
2. Once onion starts to become translucent, about 3-4 minutes, add garlic and curry powder.
3. Stir well and heat for another minute.
4. Add coconut milk, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. The mixture will begin to thicken, stir well and add lime juice.
6. Add prawns, and keep on low to medium heat.
7. The prawns will turn pink when they are done, keep them moving so both sides of the prawn get cooked evenly.
8. Pour everything into a big shallow bowl and garnish with lime wedges or mint leaves and serve.