COLLARD GREEN BREAKFAST WRAP
EGGS & GREENS
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 big collard green leaf
¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup of cooked black beans
½ teaspoon braggs/organic wheat free tamari
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sriracha or chili flakes
1 ½ cups chopped spinach
2 free range eggs
Sea salt and pepper
– for one
If you are making for more review the Guacamole recipe!
⅛ cup fine diced red onion
⅛ cup fine chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon de-seeded jalapeño finely chopped
1-2 teaspoon lime juice
1. The main vein down the back of the collard green leaf can be slightly bitter to taste and creates resistance when rolling. In order to use the leaf this vein must be leveled off. Put the brighter side, the front of the leaf, face down on the cutting board.
2. Chop the stem off.
3. Hold the knife parallel to the leaf and shave the main vein until it is level with the rest of the leaf.
4. Square the bottom of the leaf to make it easier to roll
5. Make sure to put the egg mixture onto the underside of the collard green and wrap like a breakfast burrito.
1. In a small pan heat the olive oil.
2. Add chopped red onion and salt to pan.
3. Once onions are translucent, add black beans, and stir for 1-2 minutes. 4. Add braggs, sriracha, lemon juice and stir for 1 minute then add spinach and allow to wilt.
5. Mix two free-range eggs in a bowl, add to pan, and scramble. Turn the heat off when the eggs appear to be cooked through.
1. Mash avocado in a small bowl.
2. Finely dice red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño.
3. Add all ingredients to the avocado.