GREEN GAZPACHO WITH AVOCADO CREAM
1 peeled english cucumber
2 cups chopped spinach
2 cups chopped red pepper (approx. 1 ½ red pepper)
½ cup chopped parsley (loosely packed)
1 teaspoon pressed garlic (approx. 2 cloves)
⅛ cup minced red onion
⅓ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno (deseeded)
1 ½ tablespoons apple vinegar
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup of avocado (approx. 1 avocado)
1 juice of half of a lime
½ teaspoon presses garlic (approx. 1 clove)
⅛ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
Salt to taste
1. Peel cucumber with a vegetable peeler and cut in half lengthwise. If the cucumber has quite a few large seeds, scrape this fleshy part out with a spoon.
2. Cut tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds.
3. Add tomato, cucumber, jalapeno, garlic, onion, spinach, parsley, red pepper, salt, and pepper to blender, blend until smooth for at least 2 minutes.
4. Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar and blend for another 30 seconds. 5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Chill in the fridge and serve.
1. Put avocado, garlic, lime, nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt in the food processor for 30 seconds.
2. Add oil and process for another 30 seconds until a smooth sour cream-like consistency is achieved.
1. Put chilled gazpacho into a bowl.
2. Top with a dollop of avocado cream, a sprinkle of parsley, and an artistic drizzle of olive oil.