HALIBUT WITH SWEET GARLIC TOMATO SAUCE
1 red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves pressed garlic
1 tablespoon maple syrup
350 grams of Halibut (skin off)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon maple syrup
½ cup chopped basil
Sea salt and pepper
4 full basil leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to broil
1. Dice the red onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small sauté pan on medium heat.
3. Add onion to pan and sauté until it softens.
4. Add pressed garlic to the pan and stir for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and the chopped tomatoes.
6. Allow the tomatoes to cook down for 7-8 minutes.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
1. Cut the Halibut into 2×1 inch pieces.
2. In a new pan on low heat, add olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, and heat for about 1 minute.
3. Add basil to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add halibut to the pan and turn with tongs to coat all sides of the fish with basil and sauce.
5. Turn the heat up to a medium and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. 6. Cook for about 6 minutes, depending on the thickness or until the fish is not translucent anymore and appears firm and flakey.
7. Put half the tomato sauce on a plate and place half of the fish on top of the sauce. Garnish with a piece of basil.