SESAME BOK CHOY QUINOA
½ cup of uncooked sprouted black quinoa
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups finely chopped white onion (approx. 1 large onion)
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 heaping tablespoon finely diced jalapeño – deseeded (approx. 1 jalapeño) 1 tablespoon lime juice (approx. 1 large lime)
12 mini bok choy chopped
1 bunch black kale finely chopped
2 tablespoons organic wheat free tamari/braggs
⅛ cup toasted sesame oil
½ cup chopped mint (optional)
1. Rinse quinoa in cold water then add to a small pot with 1 cup of water.
2. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Quinoa will take no longer than 7-10 minutes.
3. In a large sauté pan heat coconut oil and add onion until translucent, this takes about 5 minutes. While cooking add fresh ground pepper and stir.
4. Add jalapeño, chopped kale, and chopped bok choy and cook on a low heat until the greens are tender.
5. Add tamari/braggs, lime juice, toasted sesame oil, and sauté for another minute.
6. Taste a piece of kale and a piece of bok choy and make sure both are well flavored. Add more jalapeño, lime or tamari to taste.
7. Add quinoa and stir well to ensure all ingredients mix thoroughly.
8. Garnish with mint (optional).