SESAME WAKAME IN ENDIVE
2 heads of endive (these will have approx. 5 -7 leaves per head)
4 tablespoons dehydrated wakame flakes (approx. 25 grams)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon wheat free tamari
1 teaspoon sriracha
¼ cup rice vinegar
Toasted sesame seeds – garnish
*Wakame is often available in long, solid form and sometimes salted. In this case, rehydrate wakame and then chop into ½ inch pieces.
1. Soak the wakame in a bowl of water for about ten minutes or until the wakame has no dryness to it.
2. Once the wakame is rehydrated make sure to squeeze all the water out well.
3. Combine all ingredients, except wakame, endive, and sesame seeds in a bowl.
4. Add the wakame so that it can absorb the flavors of the sauce.
5. Add a large spoonful to an endive leaf and garnish with sesame seeds to serve.