SPICY GINGER GREEN BEANS
1 large bundle green beans
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon wheat free tamari
2 pressed garlic cloves
2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
1 teaspoon sriracha
2 teaspoons mirin
1. Cut the hard ends off each bean and then cut into halves or thirds depending on desired size of pieces (scissors will make life easier in this step).
2. Use a peeler to take approx. 1 inch of the skin off of ginger before grating.
3. Heat a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil on medium heat then add ginger and allow to sauté for a minute.
4. Add garlic for 30 seconds, reduce heat to low then add tamari, sriracha, and 2 teaspoons mirin.
5. Turn heat off once all liquids have mixed.
6. Taste. If the dressing is too salty add half a tablespoon of water and half a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
7. Steam the beans and toss with the dressing.