TAHINI GINGER QUINOA BOWL
2 ½ tbsp tahini
1 tbsp peeled and finely grated ginger
1 tsp pressed garlic
2 1/2 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp tamari
½ cup toasted sesame oil
1 cup quinoa
1 ½ cups small cubed sweet potato
1 cup chopped kale
2 cups fine chopped purple cabbage
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 tbsp chopped green onion
Sesame seeds to garnish
Turmeric powder to garnish
1. Rinse and cook 1 cup of quinoa in two cups of water by bringing the quinoa andwater to a boil then reducing heat and covering, allowing to simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Peel sweet potato or yam.
3. Cut into 1“ pieces either in small triangles or squares – just make sure they are the same size.
4. Add potato into steamer and steam for 4 minutes.
5. Then add purple cabbage and steam for another 4 minutes.
6. Add kale at 8 minutes, stir well and leave in for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix with quinoa.
7. On medium heat warm olive oil in a medium sauté pan and add onions. 8. Once onions are translucent, takes about 6 minutes, reduce heat and add tahini sauce. Heat for one minute then toss with quinoa and vegetables.
9. Top with green onions, sesame seeds, and a pinch of turmeric to serve.